Thursday, January 18, 2007

Not Your Average Joe


There has been a guy that has been my best friend since many moons ago. I have actually known him for about 38 years! His name is Joe. What an awesome name for a person who is at times is Joe, yet is really complex in his inner core.

He has had two Labrador retrievers as canine companions and I could not think of a better animal to describe Joe's basic make up. I have never met a person who is more loyal to his friends (This is a guy who helped me move more times than I can count!) He is sturdy and can always be counted on. When I struggle on my bike, I always think of Joe. Although never the fastest, he always made it up the hill!

By the way, the photo of Joe above is one of my favorites. It is from a visit to see me in Tahoe that Shawn and he made in 2001. Joe was a little annoyed thinking that we were lost. However he never really complained and kept chugging along on his mountain bike.

Yet with this exterior of simplicity hides his inner core of extreme complexities. He cares deeply for his wife and two boys. He worries over his mother. He has deep concerns over his friends' well-being and their perception of him. (Don't worry Joe, we think you're awesome!)

There are not words to describe how privileged I am, and I am sure many of his friends would agree, that he counts me as a friend.

Okay...there is not a whole lot that is suitable regarding the Raiders or Giants other than these two videos on YouTube, so a little Happy Birthday gift!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!!