Tuesday, December 26, 2006

It's Almost Over

Wow...it's almost over, the Holiday season. 24-hours of The Christmas Story is over. I won't be seeing Ralphie pining away for a Red Rider BB gun for another year. Say goodbye until next year to the Christmas Log burning away for the entire Christmas day on the local television station.

Although I am tired, I always greet this time of year with much sadness. I have said all along that I love this time of year. I do. I love the hustle and bustle of the Holidays. It is stressful, but there is an excitement in the air. There is something that brings back warm memories from years past that always brings a smile to my face. This year was no different.

I saw my extended family yesterday and it was awesome. Carol made a rare appearance, coming home all the way from Oklahoma City. That was wonderful, especially for my parents. The kids were in Heaven as gift after gift was given their way.

Today marks the start of the end of the holiday season. The store's decorations will disappear. All those shiny presents to be bought will now be marked down or sent away until next year. The customers change their attitudes from a giving mentality, to attitudes of self interest. This is my return and I want my money! The stores sparkle less and the magic disappears.

I am also sad that Soraya and Brandon will be leaving us for a few days to visit their father in Las Vegas. This is always hard for Andrea. They are great kids and the house definitely becomes empty and quiet when they are gone. Thank goodness it's only a few days.

Goodbye Christmas it was awesome while it lasted...