Sunday, December 24, 2006

Peace...Finally...


Wow...here it is 8 a.m. and it is quiet in the house. I'm the only one up. Amazingly, I gave myself Christmas eve off. I wanted to spend a whole day with the Andrea and the kids, without thinking about work, or driving to my parents house. (I love visiting with my parents, my sisters and our extending family, but this is nice for our little family...)

Every year it seems like the Holiday season goes by faster and faster. I try to find the time to give the spirit to my family and friends, but it seems harder every passing year. Maybe my life is like a roll of toilet paper, the further along I go, the faster it runs out. No, not that the corporate life makes me wipe someone else's buttocks!...

One thing I do know, is that it's the recovery time that aging is about. My dogs are still barking from yesterday. My left ankle has a dull ache that who knows what it's from. I wake up like I have a small hangover.

Yet I do smile. I do love Christmas. I walked around my store yesterday wishing people Merry Christmas (sometimes Happy Holidays, but hey, tis two days before Christmas!), giving hugs, serving pizza (yeah, we fed our staff a traditional holiday treat!) and shaking hands.

To steal the phrase, "It is a wonderful life..."

*Note - The wonderful illustration (Ya gotta click on it to get the humor!) came from www.pascalcampion.com. Check my links section.