Monday, January 08, 2007

Pizzas And Plateaus

I just read an on-line article that stated some very concerning news for me. It stated that adults (some consider me an adult, acting childish doesn't count!) living with children eat more saturated fats than adults that do not live with children. The study said that it adds up to almost as much as a frozen pepperoni pizza a week!

What the?!!! First I no longer can watch R-rated DVD's during the day and now this?!!! Other than slave labor, what are those two little kids good for?!!!

Okay, so I want to blame my weight on the two leetle ones. Admittedly, I tend to be a human garbage disposal. I grew up during the period when one did not leave food on their plate. Nope, it was just not done. So now when I see the kids leaving an extra fish stick or chicken nugget on their plate, in comes Hoover-boy to vacuum it up. Hours cold?...no problem.

And this leads to my update on Project Discovery. I seem to have hit a plateau. The first few pounds dropped of relatively easily. But I seem to be stuck where I'm at. Diet and moderate exercise has moved me to where I'm at, but I think it's time to start upping the "E".

But the good news is that I survived the major intake land mines called Christmas and New Years. Christmas it was chocolates and other sugary treats, New Years was just tons of food. Luckily there were no adult beverages consumed by me.

So here I am...four pounds dropped, half-way there.