Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006!


Wow!!! Is 2006 already almost over?! It seems like it was just yesterday when I was saying goodbye to 2005. 2006 flew by, every year it seems like the days are shorter and the weeks are gone in a flash.

I look back at 2006 and realize it was a year of change for Andrea, the kids and me.
  • I was promoted from an assistant store manager in our Union Square flagship store to a store manager in Capitola. This ended an amazing one-year run for me in San Francisco. I love that store!
  • We moved from San Ramon 40 mile south to San Jose.
  • Soraya and Brandon began classes in a new school...a very competitive new school.
  • Andrea opened officially her own business (check out the Dreams & Jewelry link on my Places To Waste Your Time section.)
  • Soraya joined a new soccer team, after four years on one team. Brandon hops from team to team, so this was his third different team and set of coaches.
  • Brandon got braces.
  • Soraya received the book on sex...I think that was the biggest trauma of 2006 for Andrea and yours truly.
The kids are growing older, as am I. It was a challenging year, but what year isn't. And isn't it the challenge that makes it all worth it? Tomorrow I'll post my 2007 resolutions, but for today, I would like to reminisce about the events of 2006 and how we all got where we are.

Click on this Calvin And Hobbes to enlarge this last C&H and I hope it fills you with the thoughts of possibility...


Happy New Years!!!
I hope it is a safe one and that 2007 brings you joy!