Monday, January 01, 2007

Hello 2007!

Let's just get this out of the way. It's the first official weigh-in for 2007...

I have lost four pounds. The past couple of days have been brutal from a dietary standpoint, so I guess I should be happy. However, I was down by 5.5 pounds a few days ago! This has been a rocky road getting down. Retail, Christmas and weight loss are definitely not great dance partners.

Five weeks to go until Superbowl Sunday. I can drop the extra weight. I know I can.

So here we are the first day of 2007. Yes, it is actually just another day. However I like these markers of time to reminisce and in this case look forward. How to make 2007 better than the prior year.

I used to participate in resolutions with some friends of mine, however, I dropped out as I wasn't having as much fun with it as before. But I do make resolutions each year. Why? I think of them as little reminders that I have my opportunities to grow, not to stay stagnant or stationary.

So here are my resolutions for 2007:
  1. I resolve to continue to learn Japanese and get through the entire course. (akematisheomedetougoziamusu! If this is incorrect...Hey! I'm a beginner!)
  2. I resolve to continue to learn Macromedia Flash.
  3. I resolve to ride 1200 miles on my bikes. Hey you try to have kids and find time to ride!
  4. I resolve to maintain my desired weight consistently (145 pounds).
Okay, I could have put a better person, solve world hunger, peace in the Middle East, blah, blah, blah. I have discovered it's better to try to do a few things well, then tons of stuff poorly.

Happy 2007!

Neil