Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Man Keeping Her Down

There seems to be a workers revolution going on in our household. The leetle ones want to do chores around the house and earn a little cash money. We used to give them chores and allowances, but we seem to have strayed.

So Soraya developed a new chore list...hmm...that's not what I see as chores, but let us review each chore one by one. There is only six, so it should not take long...

  1. Make bed - Hey not too bad. I think that is a good expectation for kids!
  2. Change Coconut's house at night (Brandon in the Morning) - Well, okay, changing the guinea pig's house each day requires opening the cage and either removing or placing a simple plastic little box for her to sleep in. And does her brother know she is assigning him this duty?
  3. Go outside - What?!!! Pay the kids to go outside and play?!!!
  4. Read for 20 minutes - Hello?!!! That's called homework! Geez...I'm simple, but not that simple.
  5. Extra stuff - What, like changing the oil in my car?
  6. Take Coconut out every other day - I'm supposed to pay them to take care of their pet? I never endorsed a pet rodent...
I would say this list is worth 1.5 chores and what?...75 cents? Poor Soraya, she has entered the rough and tumble world of labor negotiations.