Monday, September 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!

My dad would be the one on the right. Uh...yes that would be my mom on the left.

I probably have not said this enough, but I do have the coolest, bestest parents in all the land. I could not ask for better parents...okay I do wish my Christmas gifts would have included Rock'em Sock'em Robots and a Big Wheel...but all is forgiven!

I have discovered that not only have I become closer to my parents as I advance in age, I see the wisdom that they have tried to give me from an early start. My dad's one mission in life is the happiness of his wife and children.

A little story...

A few years ago, I had questioned whether my parents truly still loved each other, or were they together because they knew nothing else. Every night my dad would sit on the easy chair watching television while my mom sat on the couch reading...every night...

I came home one night and to my shock there was my dad...next to my mom...on the couch...arm around her watching television with her! Cool!!! They still loved each other...I could tell...

So on that note...

Happy Birthday Dad!

Love,

Neil