Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sausages And Waffles


Wow...the Crocodile Hunter was killed by the barb of a ray...and while I never met Steve Irwin, I must admit I am a bit saddened by this event. He actually seemed like a pretty nice, although hyperactive, guy. There are those who question whether his antics were one of a conservationist or that of a testosteroned fueled adventure seeker. I tend to agree with the former rather than the latter.

My kids, Soraya and Brandon, both enjoyed watching the Crocodile Hunter when they were younger. I firmly believe that Irwin had a part in growing their interest in nature and science. That is something that is probably not that unusual. Terry Irwin, his wife, can be proud of what her husband accomplished.

Now this brings us to George Johnson...Mr. "I can eat waffles and sausages my entire life and live to 112"!

112?!!! Sausages and Waffles?!!!

What the Hell was I thinking by trying to watch what I eat and try to get excercise? Hey, my hat's off to George (a Bay Area guy!!! Yay!!!) He lived by himself until the ripe old age of 110! Only the last two years did he need a caretaker. Geez...I hope I'm not peeing on myself by the time I'm 60! If it weren't for the fatal bout of pneumonia, I'm sure George would be chowing down on some greasy links right now...

A ray's barb...pneumonia...waffles and sausages...

Here's to Steve Irwin and George Johnson