Sunday, February 04, 2007

Bears Lose, I Win

I just returned from my parents' house. I watched Super Bowl XLI with my dad. We're both Bear fans and watched with utter disdain da Bears' ineffective offense. Yeah, it was ugly.

Five turnovers. Man that was an ugly game. And before we crown Peyton Manning uber-guy, the Colts at times didn't look that much better. I must add, didn't Manning throw his offensive line under the bus last year, blaming a playoff loss on them? There, I feel better.

But I did win at this Super Bowl. I was able to watch it with my 88-year-old father. Although we did not enjoy the game (Although the first quarter gave us false hope), we did enjoy each other's company. It seems that these moments are fewer and fewer. I am lucky to have such caring parents, even when I was a pain in the neck teenager. They never gave up on me.

Yeah, da Bears lost, but in the end I won...