Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Seeing Red...


Wow...that was a night!

In one day the United States' leadership changed dramatically! However, one must wonder if we will actually see change. Democrats promise change, but will it be progress?

Ross Perot was correct when he stated that partisan politics are keeping America from moving forward. It's us or them, right or left, conservative or liberal, Republican or Democrat. Too much fighting among the parties and never enough working together for a stronger country.

As I have grown older I have become a moderate Democrat. What that means is that I vote for what or whom I feel represents me the best, regardless if the candidate is a Democrat or Republican. Rarely does either party represent me fully.

What a night. The landscape of the most powerful country in the world changed in a mere 24 hours.