Thursday, October 26, 2006

Dirty Little Secrets

So I discovered a song that I really liked. The song is called Holding Me Back by Buddahead. Buddahead is actually a person, not a band. His real name is Raman Kia. Kia is a native Iranian who is now transplanted in New York. Holding Me Back is a very cool song that I immediately went into my collection in my iPod.

If you're curious about this guy, go to www.buddaheadmusic.com. Yup, I might actually purchase his entire album. Very cool stuff.

But, this is not really what I am here to rant about. Where I discovered Mr. Head's song was during the ending credits of (blushes in humiliation) Dog The Bounty Hunter.

Okay...I said it...it's out...I watch Dog The Bounty Hunter...occasionally...

Now before you start snickering and wondering if maybe I am sporting a mullet, I said occasionally. That is maybe once or twice a month! When people ask me what I watch on television, a bounty hunter from Hawaii is not the first thought on my mind...honestly...

Hold it...I know you are about to expound about your hours of watching PBS and Masterpiece Theater. But think c'mon now, be honest, I know there are some T.V. skeletons in your closet. Do you need that lunch hour Oprah fix? Maybe you love the WWE. Or how about watching Dancing With The Stars? Is it endless hours on QVC looking out for that deal on Chia Pets?

Yeah, we all have them. And usually they start out as an innocent distraction. I started watching Dog while in temporary housing in Santa Cruz. There was not much channel selection in my temporary apartment, so I came upon Dog while surfing through the endless expanse of video tripe. Admittedly, this was not high art. But what does one expect while sitting in shorts and tees, in front of the idiot box while sipping a beer?

You look at Dog and his crew and you know that these guys are probably nice enough, but are also probably angry drunks. You know the type...they drink way too much at your parties and end up picking fights with half the population in attendance. You cringe because you invite them to your shin-digs as there's a small part of you that actually likes them, but you know you are playing with dynamite.

What's really amusing is that these guys are the good guys! It is quite comical watching this team of bounty hunters scurry around in their bullet proof vests, pepper spray holstered to their hips cleaning up Hawaii one bond jumper at a time.

Well there it is. That's my secret...my dirty little secret...Neil the Puppy Dog Bounty Hunter...