Monday, November 06, 2006

What Happens In Denver...(Part 2)

...stays in Denver...

Okay, nothing really happened that was too bad. Er...at least not so bad that I won't write about it in this asinine blog!

So finally I land in Colorado...the plane actually landed 10 minutes ahead of schedule!!! Yippee, my luck seemed to have turned. However...we then waited on the tarmac for 40 minutes. At that point I was ready to throttle someone.

As I departed the plane, thoroughly frustrated, I was greeted by the 31 degree weather. Lovely.

I learned several things within the first hour of my adventure in Bronco-land.
  1. Dang...it's cold there!
  2. Uh...cultural diversity is not Colorado's strong point (although the citizens are generally much nicer than Californians)
  3. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, between the towns that house our stores.
At the end of the day, my friends and I decided to eat at Ted's Montana Grill. Now Ted's is not a place for vegetarians. Nearly every method one could think of for a steak is on the menu, not to mention that it's all available also in bison. Yeah that thing that resembles a buffalo. I promptly ordered the crab cakes.

A few beers later...yes there's lots of beer choices at Ted's, let alone in Denver...we headed, trudged, to our next destination...a pool hall. Now as we roamed downtown Denver, the temperature had dropped to high 20's. My poor friend Vino did not bring a jacket for some unknown reason and was becoming an ice cube. Luckily for him, Brenda loaned him her girly scarf. She warned Mitch and me not to make fun of Vino...Brenda promptly made a joke about Vino's manhood.

We landed at a place called Wynkoop Brewing Company. Yes...a nice combination of a brewery and an upstairs pool hall. Okay, maybe coming to Denver has its upside! Hmmm...let me see, 8-ball, a pitcher of Guiness and friends...yep, it was good to visit Denver.

Something I did not realize. Here were three guys and the most competitive person at the pool table was Brenda! Nothing's better than beating someone who is competitive three times in a row. I loved the clouds of steam that was pouring out of Brenda's ears. I will say that my billiard skills directly correlate with my alcohol level.

Three wins later, we were ready to head back to our hotel. Slowly we crawled through the deserted streets of Denver. Finally, we saddled up to the bar in the hotel for a nightcap. Ahhh smokey whisky to warm our souls prior to sleep. I love my job...

More Denver coming up later...