Sunday, May 27, 2007

And At The End Of The Day

The Capsule Design Festival has shut down and the Hayes Valley Green is silent. Andrea had a very successful day and I must say, I am very proud of the returns on her investment, not only in capital investment, but time, emotions and just plain hard work. She did great!!!

But after setting Andrea up on Linden Street this morning, what were Soraya, Brandon and I to do to pass the time until the event was over?...First we drove back to San Jose and had a late breakfast at Tina's Diner, I think it's Tina's. Whatever, it was just an okay breakfast, and the kids kept telling me that I make better breakfasts. Well, I do specialize in breakfast if I do say so myself. So I must agree...

Then after a nap, because, dang!...I was tired! It was back on the road and on our way to the Exploratorium. If you have never been to the Exploratorium and you live in the Bay Area, get out and visit this educational, scientific museum. Although geared towards kids, it is great fun for adults as well. Just beware...TONS OF KIDS!!! It is an interactive museum that stresses science. Perfect for the geek side of me! What is very cool, is that the exhibitions are set up with the expectation that they are to be touched. Wonderful for kids and adults who have never forgotten what it's like to be a kid!

I love letting the kids loose upon this museum, as it stokes their imaginations, creativity and wonder in all things scientific. Not only are there the usual light and electricity exhibits, but there are many more that dive into areas such as gender beliefs, emotions, etc. Very cool. There was one demonstration where you would do poses that you thought was appropriate for the type of masks. It was interesting what emotions came through the kids' simple body language.

So we finally made it back to the Capsule Design Festival. I got to hang with the leetle ones and Andrea kicked butt...a good day had by all...

Labels: ,