Monday, March 12, 2007

It's Good To Be West Coast

These are the days that the citizens of the East Coast and the Midwest hate us Californians. Spring days when the sun shines warmly down on the West Coast kissing the green hills and blue Pacific with all her glory.

These are days that I cherish.

This past weekend was glorious! Unfortunately, Saturday was spent primarily sneezing my cloggy head off. I mean seriously, at least twenty sneezes within the first hour of consciousness. Mid-70's weather...gotta love it. However with Clariton-D coursing through my veins, Sunday was a different story.

Yes!!! A long, long road ride with climbing. Just what Project Discovery needed, a two-hour butt kicker. As I pedaled up Big Basin Way through Saratoga I realized just how impoverished I am! Geez...take a right turn on Pierce Road to see all the Saratoga mansions! Yeah, yeah, this is where the Paul Masson Winery would live, so maybe there are truly wealthy people out and about.

Anyhow, it was wonderful weather as I was able to wear just a short sleeve jersey and bike shorts. For those of you who are unaware, no, cyclists do not wear any underwear under their bike shorts...naked as the day we were born. Needless to say, modesty is never part of wearing bike shorts.

Sadly, my legs are shapeless blobs currently. Hopefully my legs will continue to get stronger and my calves slowly start to resemble Popeye's. I know I need to put in many more miles. But on the good news front, I'm starting to work on a killer farmer's tan! And yes!...the glove dots on the back of my hands are on their way to permanence.

Ahhh yes, it's good to live in California...

This is what I want my legs to look like...

Oh yeah...down to 143.6 pounds. Need to carve some more fat off.