Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spring's Mucus Festival

God played a really nasty trick on me...

He instilled a love for the outdoors in me, yet along with that he gave me a righteous case of hay fever. Every March I can count on my eyes beginning to water, my sinuses clogging and a case of the round the clock sneezes...but I love the outdoors.

Spring is beautiful when you are cycling, mountain biking in particular. The California hills are green with life, dotted with flowers slowly blooming. The bees are again buzzing searching for pollen to make their gooey goodness. Now contrary to common belief, it is generally not the pollen that sticks to the legs of our six-legged-honey friends that wreaks havoc in our allergic nostrils. Those pollen particals are usually too large to stay airborne...it's their tinier breathren that I vow to ignore each Spring.

Each Spring, Claritin-D becomes my best friend. I live for this pharmaceutical. Yeah, I know it dries me out and it can play tricks with my blood pressure, but sneezing nonstop is not a wonderful alternative. Add along with that the lovely blood red eyes from my fingers scratching them from sun up to sun down.

It's Claritin-D for me...

Cycling is such a lovely event in Spring. As I pedal through the hills or the streets, snot-scuds are launched from my rhino-silos with increasing frequency with each additional mile. When I am finished the sneeze festival begins as I reach for a bottle of water to douse my face, cleaning myself of Mother Nature's dirty work.

I love cycling, I love Spring...it's Claritin-D for me...