Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm The Captain!!!

Hmmm, you know you are getting old when an eight-year-old boy, who really doesn't care that much about music, asks you to change the music you're playing in your car. What the?!!!

There I was driving Brandon around in my car back from the orthodontist and Cold Stone Creamery and out of nowhere he asks if my car can receive Live 105. That would be the Bay Area's alternative and modern rock station. You know, the one whose target demographic does not include your's truly.

Buddy...you're gonna sit there quietly and listen and like it. Rock on little dude!

So let us review a sampling of the songs blaring out of my car's stereo...
  • Buddahead - Holding Me Back (2004)
  • Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love (2004)
  • Elvis Costello - Every Day I Write The Book (1983)
  • Joe Satriani - Why (1997)
  • The Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin' (1967)
  • Boomtown Rats - Rat Trap (1978)
  • Eric Johnson - Your Sweet Eyes (2005)
  • Rush - Time Stands Still (1987)
  • Coldplay - White Shadows (2005)
  • Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out (1982)
  • Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones (1972)
Okay, so maybe my music needs a little push in the updating category, however, I'm the Captain damn it!!! When I'm driving the car, it's my music!

There...I've said it...now back to Elvis Costello and the Attractions...