Monday, April 02, 2007

48 Hours

My glutes are screaming at me. They are stating, very clearly, that I over-did it in a little over 48 hours. They are lecturing to me that I am not a spring chicken anymore.

Friday night...an hour and a half of ice skating. I thought it only made my ankles sore. That was until the next morning.

Saturday morning...my legs are tired! What the? I guess skating does use my legs differently! Off for a nice two hour road ride. Ugh...it's that climb up in the Saratoga hills again. But it's good to get the legs stretched.

Saturday afternoon...I'm beat, but Soraya and Brandon are begging me to take them hiking. Okay...kids getting fat playing on the computer, or I take them for a death march...death march it is! We trudge along for a little over an hour, through the lower hills. Over hill over dale. My legs are definitely aching!

Sunday morning...against my better judgment I go cycling again. I keep reminding myself that the Tour cyclists do this for 21 straight days! Okay, I was delusional to even think of myself in the same manner as a professional bike racer. By the way...I nearly biffed it nine miles from home. My rear wheel was slammed out of line. I limped slowly home, two and a half hours after I had departed.

Monday morning...my ass hurts!


The net result of Neil over-doing it...