Monday, December 04, 2006

The Lone Gunman

What the?!!! I was examining myself in the mirror the other day and I came upon a lone, stray grey hair in my goatee! Now usually I am pretty diligent about plucking these little guys, but this one escaped the wrath of the tweezers!

What really freaked me out was the sheer size of that monster! Where the Hell had it been hiding in the little forest of pubic hairs on my chin?! And why now, did it choose to rise above the rest of its peers to show its whitened head?

Now ordinarily I do not get upset about grey hairs and as a matter of fact I wasn't really upset. It was more of a feeling of wonder. I am getting older and these little human oddities seem to be popping up with greater frequency. I wonder if one day all that will remain of me is some freakish human tissue that was once me. A lump of flesh, with random patches of multi-colored hair...

Now I have sailed off course with this little rant about one grey hair. Today is my first update of Project Discovery. Remember? Eight pounds in eight weeks? Although I weigh myself more frequently than once a week, the official weigh-in day will be Monday mornings...sans clothing...okay, that may be too much information, however, we need to get the rules out there. And the first update is...

...I have lost one pound! Yippee!!!

Now, my weight can fluctuate tremendously in the course of a day. I have witnessed my weight swing by five pounds in one day, so I don't get too excited over 16 ounces. However, one pound lighter is better than one pound heavier!

Seven more weeks...seven more pounds...